Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I'm so sorry

it seems that i've left so many people hanging regarding Sara, and at the same time stopped the slow of support and nice comments for her. I've gotten entrenched in trying to be all things to all people and do all things instantaneously that I am finding that I am getting nothign done for anyone regardless of the time involved.

So, anyway. Enough of that. I'm just pretty depressed at everything - not with Sara. She's fine. Well, a little with Sara's condition. I want her better and its hard sometimes seeing her this way. Don't hate me for honesty. Stand at the foot of her bed day by day and not have the memory of her flying through the air, beautiful and strong, executing a perfect Tae Kwon Do movement quick to memory while the site of her lying there fills your eyes...

I have a lot of update on her to post up here. There have been some very neat things happen for her. (got to find out about part of the family she's never met and that they know about her and think about her - and have sent a little help her way.) Some changes to her condition - little things - more time on room air - some more trace movements. An update on the legal front. An update on the home front about Michael. And some holiday notes.

So, I will sit down and get back to blogging. I think I need the outlet and to focus on the positives again, too.

I do wish her friends would come around again. we're trying to get her out to see you guys, but I can't do that very easily. I know its hard to see her like this, but its still Sara. She has just as hard a time relating to you with life moving on, but please don't forget her. She misses her friends so much. And I miss you guys coming around, too.

Ok. enough sad sack crap.

4 comments:

  1. <3 you mom! Sorry if I was a part of your stress, I didn't mean to be. I just got worried ^_^;

    I know it must be really really hard sometimes to try and keep up with everything. It's perfectly reasonable for you to want to take a break from something like the blog. Even though a lot of people follow it and watch for updates, you should definitely be able to not have to worry so much about that part when there are so many other important things to do.

    Do you know about Twitter? It's like a micro blog where you enter very short posts, like just a few lines. You can send them via your cell phone too. Instead of having to write long updates, you could just use something like that for short little info bits. It's Twitter.com, very simple and quick. :D

    And maybe sometimes Michael could just post a short update. Just something saying, "Hi, and things are okay" when you don't have the time or energy.

    I really appreciate everything you are doing <3 I hope you can find some time somewhere to rest. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help from the East Coast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to hear that Sara is doing ok. Hopefully things are moving along on the new computer front.

    You shouldn't be sorry if you can't update the blog. You need to focus your energies where they are needed most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna try to swing by again to see Sara soon. It'll be a bit easier for me after the Christmas season, so I'll be by more often then :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Deb Lyons-you don't know me, but I am taking a special interest in Sarah as oddly enough I got interested in locked in syndrome recently and have been doing some research on the current and upcoming technologies for communication. I am a 57 year old student at the JC and I'm doing a research paper on new technologies. Anyhow, there is some amazing stuff in process where they are beginning to be able to find where words are being processed in the brain and soon a person with locked in syndrome will be able to just think the sounds and a computer voice interface will say them.Exactly like talking but without the use of the mouth! I don't know if you are familiar with this but if you are not, I would be happy to send you the info-or if there is ANYTHING a stranger can do to help, I will. If you need any help for the benefit, let me know. Stay strong.
    Deb Lyons debjlyons@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete