Tuesday, May 6, 2008

5/4/08

Sunday was a short visit this week. I had a speech I needed to write, and unfortunately I needed internet access, which the hospital lacks. However in that short amount of time I showed Sara a few things that some people at her online art community have been doing for her. They made her a short video, and one of the members actually sang a song for Sara. She loved them both. Afterwards, I set up "Robin Hood, Men in tights" and did as much on my speech as I could while she watched. After it was over, I told her I needed to get back home, made sure she was comfortable and turned on comedy central for her.

Medically she seems to be doing pretty well. She is apparently communicating with the nurses using her computer. Her nurse walked in shortly after I did, Sara was still smiling at me. The nurse looked at her, then me, then back at her and said something along the lines of: "Oh, I see. Is this him?" So apparently Sara has gotten to the point of being able to gossip about me using that computer. That's a good thing for her. Though I'm still not sure what that means for me...

~Daniel H.

No comments:

Post a Comment