Monday, May 26, 2008

Back on the face of the planet.

I had finals last week, which is why I haven't posted an update myself in a while. So with that over, I will once again be giving regular updates. (Although probably still at least a day late)

This sunday's visit was filled with art. I finally brought in a piece of art that one of Sara's online friends made for her and mailed. Sara was glad to get some mail and some new artwork for the room. I also brought in some works by one of her favorite artists (who's name I never actually learned, I just recognized the Logo). I also showed her some stuff that I picked up for myself. She was smiling the whole time.

Health wise she seems to be doing ok. Her oxygen was higher then I normally see it, But I guess they raise and lower it more often then I realized, So I think it wasn't out of the ordinary. She's been moving around a lot more when she coughs. yesterday she brought her knees up when she did. It's the most movement I've seen in a while. Her nurse was a bit surprised too.

Minor complaint for today: The nurse was a bit suction happy. Any time Sara's breaths had a gurgle in them, (which they do quite often) Rather then asking her if she wanted to be suctioned. She would just say "Sounds like you got some stuff down there, I'm going to suction you" (or something along those lines) Most of the time when she said this, Sara would blink twice, signaling 'no', but the nurse never seemed to agree.

~Daniel H.

No comments:

Post a Comment