Monday, October 29, 2007

Results of CT scan

Sara has a buildup of fluid in her brain due to the swelling of her brain from the injury. This needs to be drained and kept from building up again.

Her CT Angiogram showed that her vessels in her head are still open and she's getting good oxygenated blood to the important parts. Dr. Ghe (the NeuroVascular Surgeon) was happy to see that no new damage had shown up and that existing damage did not appear to worsen.

The plan: Neurosurgery will come and put a shunt into her head that will drain the excess fluid. This is a common procedure that sounds worse than it is. Once that is in she should stabilize and start to come back awake.

Currently she is in a coma due to the fluid and pressure buildup.

I will be here until after her procedure and fluid is drained off. I want to make sure I leave her tonight in the same condition she was in this morning - communicating with me and happily listening to my ipod.

I'll keep you posted. K

No comments:

Post a Comment