Monday, April 14, 2008

4/13/08

Sara gave me a big smile when I came in today. The RT said something to the effect of "If this guy showing up is all it takes to get you to smile, how come you don't smile for me?" Sara's response was a smile for the RT.

I noticed that Sara's oxygen was back down to 28%. It was at 35% when I was there last week. They have apparently been adjusting it quite often, seeing if she could tolerate it well, and then putting it back up. I don't know how long she had been at 28% this time, but she was breathing just fine. In fact she didn't even need me to suction her until much later in the evening.

As usual, we spent our time watching movies on my xbox. She wanted to watch "Snakes on a Plane" again. But I honestly didn't want to watch it again so soon. So instead we watched "Rat Race" I also spent some time flexing her arms and legs. Her legs are regaining a lot of muscle tone. We also worked on improving her control over various facial muscles. Kristina mentioned something about Sara passing a "swallow test" but they won't give her liquids until she has better control over her lips. It would be bad if they gave her something to drink, and it just dribbled out all over her.

Anyway, overall status seems to be good. Nothing else to report really. Oh yeah, She wants us to put up some decoration in her room. She's getting really tired of plain white walls. I'll work on that next time I'm up there.

~Daniel H.

1 comment:

  1. Decoration is something I can surely help with! Just tell me where to mail it! *gets drawing*

    ReplyDelete