Monday, April 7, 2008

Busy Saturday

Busy Saturday.

I came to see Sara as usual this Saturday. Found her trying to use her computer to tell the nurse something. She was uncomfortable and was having a hard time trying to explain it to the nurse. The two of us worked together to try and figure it out. Turns out that she was in a bad position and she wanted to be moved. She didn’t know what exactly what had to be move to make it better.

We got her set up and comfortable and then we played chase the itch. Sara told me she wanted to have her limbs moved and exercised, so I started working with her legs. After I gave her legs a good work out (and lots of jokes about her showing her old man to much leg) I moved on to her arms. When I was working with her right one, I noticed she smelled a little ripe. I asked Sara if she needed a bath and she said yes. I left for a little bit while the nurse gave Sara her bath.

When I got back, I noticed Sara still smelled a little ripe when I was working with her right arm again. I figured the nurse missed under her arms, so I ask Sara if I could clean her arm pits. She blinked yes and dad went to work getting her cleaned up. When I go to the left side, I noticed that she had some gray stuff in her arm pits. I had no idea what I was looking at so I called the nurse; she stated that it looked like a yeast infection. I was a little upset. First of all she had just had a bath and they didn’t catch that? This was not just a small spot, it covered her entire armpit and the skin looked raw. I wanted to talk to the doctor and he and I had a discussion. The nurse said latter that he was getting a prescription for an anti-fungal powder. While I waited for that, I cleaned up the area as best as I could. I washed everything thoroughly. Sara said it stung a little and that was to be expected. I asked if it hurt a lot and she said no. That it just stung. Later when the powder got applied she seemed to have stopped itching so much as was a lot more comfortable.

We watch some TV and laughed at Jeff Duhnnam on comedy Central. The evening was getting late and Sara wanted a few last minute adjustments before I left. I made sure she all set before I left and asked the nurse to keep an eye on here when she coughed because she launched herself several time today.

This post was supposed to go up Saturday night, but I wrote it and then forgot to post it for everyone. I got a reminder from Kristina this morning reminding me that I hadn’t posted it. My fault. Sorry all

No comments:

Post a Comment