Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A sigh of relief..

I have FINALLY cleared the other apartment. I had to take two days off work to finish cleaning (and that included the weekend). In all it took 8 days to clean the place - 4 full, and 12 hours spread over 4 days. We turned over the condo with absolutely zero discrepancies. All repairs were done, walls that needed painted were painted, carpets cleaned, appliances immaculate. And that is where the sigh of relief comes from.

Now I can get back to working, driving to see Sara, and tending only one household.

The move and cleaning has wiped us out financially, but what are you going to do. At least with the rest of the deposit coming back I can finish paying the deposit on the house. And then that weight is lifted too.

Michael was great through the whole thing. NOt to say that he was quiet, or a tireless worker, or didn't complain constantly. He was great because when the chips were down, and I told him so, he stepped up. I did have to remind him a few times that he was the man of the house and ought to show me what he's made of...

My honey, Don, really saved my ass, though. He finally asked what he could do to help, and I was ready to tell him. He did a great job painting the kitchen and entryway at the condo, while I cleaned. And then, after I cleared the place with the landlord, he came and sprung me out of the locked garage.

Yes, that's right, I locked myself in the garage. I backed myself out of the house, into the garage (to leave), locked the handle on the door (as requested by landlord) and realized as soon as it clicked that I hadn't unbolted the garage door from the outside. Ransom for being sprung out was coffee and coffee cake before I went to work, tending his every whim and calling him Savior once I got home. To be honest, I was glad to do both. I just love having him around.

So, we are finally out of the other place and firmly into the new. Ready for the next chapter...

No comments:

Post a Comment