Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ok. The reason the blog is now private

We have a lawsuit against Caltrans. The ditch that Sara's car flipped in was classed as unsafe back in 2004 and never fixed. Our lawyers have advised us that keeping the blog open gives Caltrans access to information about Sara they don't need and can try and use against her. (lawyers twist lots of stuff.)

I have to ask that if you are now in the private part of the blog that you do not share things or forward any entries outside of this circle. We need to protect her from those who would minimize her injuries and prognosis, or who would harm her being made as "whole" as she can be.

I couldn't take the blog away from her. She has worked so hard to communicate and has come to rely on those people who respond to her posts. She doesn't feel as alone as she did before. She has an outlet, and expression, of her thoughts. I didn't realize how important that was until she explained it to me. It's almost like being trapped in the dark. Her communication is her light, and you are the rays of sunshine that come through the windows to warm her face.

You will now get to see stuff nobody else is allowed to see or know about her. If you can't keep our confidence I ask you to let me know and I will gladly remove you from access.

Kristina

1 comment:

  1. I wish I'd commented now that you've posted this blog D:

    Well, hi Sara! Sorry for my lurky-ness.

    ReplyDelete