Thursday, March 27, 2008

Results of CT Scan

Sara had a CT scan yesterday. Doctors have been chasing the fluid in her lungs and plural space and she still showed a lot of fluid on the last XRay. So, I discussed it with Dr. Hospitalist and she felt that the best way to know for sure what was up with her left lung was to do a CT scan.

Today I got a call from her that Sara's lungs are actually completely clear. The XRays have been unclear with regards to her lower left lobe and that coupled with the secretions was leading them towards another indication of pneumonia. Well, that assumption is now gone. Dr. Hospitalist told me that she thinks I was right in my theory that Sara's increased secretions were due to her new activity level and the trauma to her traechea when her tube moves. We discussed resuming the plan to decanulate Sara, albeit slowly.

I spent time goofing around with the girl. She was in a weird mood today. Not really expressive, kinda moody actually. So we just sat there and watched a movie while I moved her legs. I noticed that her oxygen has been turned back down to 30%. (Monday it was up at 50%) Her heart rate, respiration and oxygen saturations all look real good, and she is coughing strong when she needs to. Looks like she's back on her way towards getting rid of the tubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment