Monday, March 31, 2008

3/30/08

Sara Continues to do well. She is still in the ICU, and will remain there. Not because she Isn't getting better, but Kristina is more comfortable having Sara in view of the nurses station and with a better patient to nurse ratio. I agree.

Sara has been in the ICU long enough for some of the nurses and respiratory staff to get to know her. I noticed today that pretty much everybody who came into her room had some experience communicating with her. That made me feel a lot better. The nurses were asking Sara if she needed anything, not me. Not having to help nurses communicate with her was a nice change of pace.

I had some fun with Sara's computer today. And by fun, I mean confusion. I was encouraging Sara to use this nifty piece of equipment by sitting on the opposite side of the screen and waiting for her to spell something out and make the computer say it. Well.... I waited for a good half hour without hearing a single thing from the computer. Eventually, I noticed Sara blinking rapidly at me and went over to check things out. She had a sentience typed up on the screen, but whenever Sara selected it to be spoken, it instead started cycling through options again. I tried to do it manually, and got the same results. So, this piece of equipment, apparently has some setting that needs to be adjusted to make it speak like it's supposed to. At least she was able to spell out stuff on her own though.

I also brought something other then a hospital gown for Sara to wear. I know she is tired of the blue gowns they have. Other then that we just watched more DVD's. today was disc 3 of an anime series that I cant rember how to spell off the top of my head, so it shall remain nameless. Next time I'm up, I'm going to start reading her "Ender's Game"

~Daniel H.

No comments:

Post a Comment