Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Been cleared for landing at home...

After discussing with her doctor last night the final is that Sara will discharge directly from Walnut Creek. We have to get some things in order before they will let her go, but that's where she'll leave from. The doctor, Sara and I discussed it last night and everyone is good with it.

She is requiring more suction than Vallejo is comfortable with to accept her, but not enough to send her back to ICU, so she has to stay on 3N until she leaves. We'll just have to stay on top of her care to ensure she gets enough in that interim.

So, there is the latest. I started off this morning calling the nursing service to give them the doctors number so they can put together the plan of care and orders. Next call is the discharge planner to get a list of what they are ordering and what I need to get on my own.

Now that its here there is so much to do!!

1 comment:

  1. K,
    I am so glad Sara will be able to go home. My prayers are with you for a safe journey home.
    If you need some help at home call me.
    Marion Auld

    ReplyDelete