Thursday, June 19, 2008

Update from Dr. Hospitalist1

He just called me and said that Sara is doing "much better". He reviewed her x-ray and they were able to clear a big plug out of the main airway of her left lung. Her lung sounds on that side immediately increase and she is breathing much easier. He also said that I was right, the level of care has to stay at 1:1 or 1:2, she just needs that much.

He said that if I can get the paperwork and stuff to show that she will get that level at home, then he will do everything in his power to get her home.

Until then, he said I could request a family transfer for her from 925 service area to 707 service area. So, I have done so. He said there was no difference in asking for Kaiser Vallejo Medical Center (not the rehab center, but they are in the same building) and asking for Kaiser Santa Rosa Medical Center. So, I officially requested transfer to Santa Rosa. Her primary care is in Santa Rosa, and she would be within 15 minutes of home and all her friends (that aren't away at school)

And then I JUST got off the phone with the discharge planner from ICU. Dr. Hospitalist 1 asked Dr. Intensivist (her MD today following her lungs) if she was stable enough for transport and he said Yes. So Dr. Hospitalist1 called Kaiser Santa Rosa and they have accepted her. We are waiting for an ICU bed assignment there and they will call me when it becomes available.

Wow...what a roller coaster ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment