Sunday, June 29, 2008

Getting better on computer

Sara and I have been working a lot on her computer. She's getting better at navigating and we've been working on some other functions, as well.

She's starting to send out emails to the friends and family already on her contact list. This is currently just her circle of friends and a few family members.

If you are an Internet friend (ToT, LJ, chat) and would like to start sending her emails directly please email me at kbconsults (at) gmail.com. I'll put you in her contact list and give you her email address, too. The only reason I do not post it here is I am cautious about "other people" contacting her with opinions and unkind words. (yes, I have gotten them...rarely,but they shook me.)

We are still having a little trouble with her response function, but she's receiving just fine. Please don't send anything with attachments or links, as she cannot navigate to open those. You can send them directly to me and i'll show her on my computer. You can send a picture embedded in the email, like a funny one her grandmother sent her the other day... Length of the email does not matter, nor does font. The computer can actually "read" them out loud to her if she cannot see it well.

She still doesn't really know what to say to people after so long. Just give her a little time and help and she'll be chattering away in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment