Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Requested to go home

Sara and I have requested to Kaiser that she be released to home before the end of the month.

Medically she is stable and continuing to stay in the hospital now just exposes her to other sources of infection.

I spoke to the hospital at length yesterday and told them that if Kaiser Vallejo won't accept her in the next week for family training, that I wanted Kaiser Walnut Creek to start our training and discharge her from there. The discharge planner indicated that she thought Sara would move to Vallejo before the end of the week, as soon as a bed is available.

So, there it is. She's ready and we're getting ready. There are many people who have offered to help in any way they could since all this started. Now that there is actually stuff to do that people can help with I will be gratefully accepting a hand.

I'm going to be updating the main website - www.SarasCourage.org - with stuff we need help with and updating pictures and stuff.

Sara continues to work on communication. She's emailed a few more people and we've been working on making the navigation easier. If you have received an email from her it is fine that you respond, but please don't give out her email address to her device. We have to let her build up to being able to handle it. We are still working on how to respond to a received email, so just know that she got your response for now.

I've setup her regular computer, so you may see her "online" in the chat program. Its not her yet. I am getting some of her phrases and address list out. You're welcome to say Hi. I'll let you know it is her mother, but I will pass on all messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment