Tuesday, June 10, 2008

She's so funny...and her answers to questions...

We have been working on her communication lately. Its been our main focus, besides getting her home, since she starting feeling depressed a few weeks ago. (she's feeling much better now.)

This girl still has such a sense of humor. It is truly one of the things I think most people love about her. I remember asking her, only a few days after her accident, if she still had her sense of humor. (I had cracked some pretty rank jokes in her room...ones she would have howled laughing at...but at the time she was unable to move anything including her eyelids..) I was so thankful that she answered "Yes" (back then we had to hold her eyelids open to see her eyes move.)

She's played jokes on almost everyone the last few months. We've laughed over silly stuff. Well, she got me tonight. I howled laughing over the simplist funny. When she first got the communication computer she was all over the place and ended up in some section where all she could say was "fish". Well, that made us both laugh and became our "what in the heck".

Well, tonight, she and I were talking on the phone (me on phone, her on computer) and out of the blue she said "fish" and we both laughed. She absolutely delighted me. I know it loses a lot in translation, but it is her, shining through...

Also, in answer to questions posed from previous comments:

How are you feeling? - "reasonably content" "fine" "aside from being in the hospital"

Do you want anything? - "just to get out of here (hospital)"


we were ending the call and she said "love my mom"
made me cry...first time i've heard that in months... (i always tell her "love my girl" and she always responds "love my mom".)

No comments:

Post a Comment