Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday 6/29/08

Today was a nice visit for me. Sara is doing well. She laughed at me when I walked in because I accedently walked past her room. I gave her some updates on what myself and our friends have been up to recently and I showed her a piece of art that one of her Tower of Time friends made for her. After that I set up my Xbox and we set to watching the first few episodes of "Heros". I got it for her for christmas because she loved the show, and we are just now getting to watching it.

I was actually pleased with our new nurse encounter today. This guy was actually interested in Sara's condition and how she got that way. I replied to questions with Sara's permission. The guy was supprised, he thought she was paralyzed from the neck down and had no sensation in her arms or legs. Sara started laughing at the guy, and he laughed back at her. I went through a bit of physical therapy stuff with him to demonstrate her capabilities. He was also interested in how she communicates and actually asked questions and practiced with Sara and I. I was very pleased with the whole encounter.

Sara pulled a sort of joke on me as I was getting ready to leave today. I asked her if she needed anything before I left. Her response was "D-O-S". this confused me. I immedatly jumped to D.O.S., which is an old computer application. I asked if it was an abreveation or an acronym or something. She said no. I asked her if it was a reffrence to something. She said no. I asked if it was something I should know, she said Yes. After a few minutes of me going back over all those things. I just asked her to try again. this time she spelled out "Two" and then it clicked. Oooooh, 'Dos' as in spanish for two! She laughed at me as I lauged at myself. I totally wasn't suspecting her to start spelling in spanish. It was something we used to do often, she would say things in spanish, and I would do my best to reply in japanese. It mostly ended in me saying "what?" or "I don't understand." After I took care of the two things, I left her watching Comedy Central. I think that little joke will keep me smiling for a few days at least :)

~Daniel H.

No comments:

Post a Comment