Saturday, June 21, 2008

Doing better

Sara is doing better after a few more days of chest physiotherapy and treatments. They still wipe her out and she sleeps afterwards, which is just what she needs right now.

Her dad, Mike, had the day off yesterday and spent the better part of the day with the girl. He reports that she was laughs and smiles, but got tired near the end of their visit and got droopy eyed. The RTs came in shortly before he left, so he figured she'd be completely out of it afterwards and went ahead and left.

She was in good spirits and encouraged by knowing she is moving to Santa Rosa. She is a little disappointed at not coming home home, but agrees that this is probably a better, safer interim step for us all.

Smart girl.

Today is saturday and nobody is up to see her today. I normally fill when someone can't go on a weekend, but decided that rest was best. So, I have been working on the bathroom, her room and my room, while she rests and gets stronger. I ran errands and went and got dog food. I stopped in to see her boss, Dr. Kundra at PetSmart/Banfields. He saw her a few weeks ago and was very encouraged about her progress. I told him about her moving when a bed becomes available and he was very happy. He wants to visit her more. He calls her is "favorite girl" and always says that when she's able to do anything he wants her to come back to work for him. He and his family love her as we all do. She has that affect on people...

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm glad that she'll be so close to home. :] I'm sure it'll be a lot easier for everyone to come see her, and it'll certainly involve less gas usage. Easier for her to be cared for, too. But I hope she'll be able to come home soon.

    -Devin from Tech High

    ReplyDelete