Monday, August 11, 2008

Tired Indeed

She really was worn out. When I got there this afternoon She was asleep. Her eyes fluttered a bit when I walked in. She saw me for a moment and then went right back to sleep. I decided to set up my Xbox so we could watch more of "Heros" when she woke up, only to find that part of my power cord was missing. The last time I had used it was last sunday, so I walked upstairs to 3 north and asked one of the nurses if they had found a power cord in her old room. Turns out it was still in there. Fortunate for me I guess. But it worries me that they couldn't identify this thing as not part of their own equipment. Anyway, I went back down to Sara's room in the ICU and read my book for about 2 hours before she finally woke up.

The smile she gave me was wonderful. I asked if she was still tired, she said no. I talked to her and showered her with kisses for a while before we started up watching "Heros" again. I love watching movies with my girlfriend, but Honestly, I'm a little worried about the amount of TV she watches now. (I guess its just how I was raised) I know she doesn't have much of anything else to do, but I feel she isn't focusing on her own body if she's watching TV. Which may be a good thing anyway, but it's something I think about often. As a result, I asked the Nurse to be sure to turn off the TV before she went off shift at midnight. Sleep is important, And if the TV doesn't get turned off, Sara will stay up all night watching it. Hopefully she will sleep well tonight.

~Daniel H.

2 comments: