Sunday, August 10, 2008

wow... look at you... Sara...

Well... it’s been along time... I had the chance to visit Sara since she's moved to Kaiser Walnut Creek... from Sacramento Kaiser Hospital. I was always the default substitute, when she was in Sacramento... when everyone else was stuck and not able to show up... this past Thursday when Kristina and I had showed up at her room in Walnut Creek it was such a surprise to see her... Sara and I were able to reconnect through her warm smile and charming wit... when you look at her... you would never know that she's gone through a lot just to be at the point of going home in the near future... I can see the frustration with everyone trying to move things forward to get Sara home... looks like I might have to start using some of my connections in government to see if we can get a budget passed soon... so she can get home before hell freezes over... what can you say about her mother, Kristina and everything she has had to deal with, and not loosing focus of getting Sara home… What I’ve found really amazing is how Sara is able to communicate with a computer and using those very cool glasses… plus I found myself looking over her shoulder while she was typing… for all of us who knows Sara she is still a practical joker… before I knew she is still able to get let her personality come out just from few movements of her eyes… It’s good to see her progress… since I’ve seen her from the beginning of this hell in the emergency room… the move to UC Davis Medical Center, and over to the Kaiser Hospital in Sacramento… now at the Kaiser Hospital in Walnut Creek… seeing the progress she’s made in a short amount of time from my prospective… with my tough exterior, she still impresses me… and when I look into her eyes.. I can still see lots of life in her and Sara you are still my hero…

I hope anyone and everyone that has taken the time to read this Blog about Sara… just understand that life is precious, and like Sara who is living life everyday… we should stop and think how grateful we are to have her in our lives… Please share it with everybody you know… and yes… SARA you’re still a knucklehead…!!!



Love always Don Price

No comments:

Post a Comment