Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hugs by Proxy

When I arrived on Sunday, Sara was asleep. Apparently she had stayed up all night watching TV. So I went about setting up my xbox and then picked up my book and started reading and eating lunch while she slept. It was about an hour before one of the nurses woke her up while checking her vitals. Sara didn't see me at first, so she was still groggy. But as soon as she spotted me, she woke up smiling. I started our visit by giving her a long series of hugs from her friends in the online community, as well as some from friends closer to home. She was glad to get them. We spent the next several hours watching Heros on my xbox. we are up to disc 5 now.

All in all she seemed to be doing pretty good. Unfortunately, I wound up with some kind of stomach thing that has caused me to miss two days of work, and tomorrow doesn't look too promising. I asked Kristina to call and make sure Sara didn't get what I got, and I haven't heard back, So I'm going to guess that she's ok.

~Daniel H>

3 comments:

  1. I think I had the SAME stomach thing! If I did, I know you had a bad few days T_______T

    thanks for giving her our hugs :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara didn't get it. She's fine.

    K

    ReplyDelete