Sunday, September 7, 2008

Amazing progress

I am talking about on the home front. Saturday friends showed up to keep working on the house, and we even saw some new faces pitching in.

Kelly has a contractor friend, Nate, who has come in and relieved me of the bathroom...at least the "heavy lifting" parts. What a godsend. He got far in prepping the floor, and I will finish that prep this week. I'll also install the plumbing fixtures and overhead vent. He'll come back next saturday and a mortar floor will be put down.

Kelly and her children made a huge pile of green clippings (from the trees) into several loads of smaller clippings. The back yard is starting to look actually pretty good. The view from Sara's room is much less opressive (with the two mulberry trees blocking the sun and everything between...

Mark put up the shelves in Sara's room. She's really going to enjoy having her stuff visible. Her room is such a bright, happy place. Good place to heal and be safe.

Sabrina, Daniel C., Susan and Scott finished the ramp. The siding is on, its painted and the non-skid applied. It looks like it belongs to the house, which is perfect.

We've been whittling down the notes on the "to do" wall and the "done" wall is really full. I've started going around making notes about stuff that I missed the first time. There's not that much.

I remain grateful to the kindness of friends and strangers, alike. I am constantly amazed at how many people love Sara. I know i'm not the only one, just the first one. But it makes a mother feel so good to see that her daughter is loved by so many people...

2 comments:

  1. Kristina

    another coat of paint went on the ramp this afternoon.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw. Its awesome. Looks like it came with the house...only better!

    ReplyDelete