Thursday, September 4, 2008

Getting buffetted around pretty good...

Sara is doing great. She's stable and all smiles. I went there yesterday and all she wanted me to do was talk. I talked straight for almost 3 hours until I couldn't anymore. I told her about the weekend, the people, the activities, the plans, work, her brother, everything. She says it all sounds "interesting" and wants to see it. She said Dusty's paw prints in the cement will be "funny".

So she knows we are shooting for rolling her out of there on the 10th...but we just had a setback. The second nurse for her team has decided not to do it and go another direction. So we only have the one nurse. She wants to meet Sara before she starts - so i'm going to have to pay her and drive her to Walnut Creek to meet Sara before she'll officially take the case. The nursing recruiter says he has someone else that he thinks would be an excellent nurse for Sara, but she is relocating to her and he doesn't know when she can start. I asked him if we were going to have nursing available for a bring-home on the 10th and he said likely no.

I feel like i've kind of been kicked in the stomach. First i'm not getting the bathroom done fast enough that we may have to bring in a contractor (even though its something I really want to do myself..for her) and now we are only 50% staffed on nursing for next week. So it looks unlikely that she'll be home on Tuesday...now it just floats until the nurse is staffed. I'll still finish the bathroom ok... obviously with help.

So i'm still going to move like its Tuesday, but my shoulders aren't up as far as they were...

No comments:

Post a Comment