Tuesday, September 9, 2008

OK...so it didn't happen today...

but we knew it wouldn't when the nursing service had the other nurse drop out. We still keep moving forward, because it is close, regardless.

SO...here's the latest:

WE HAVE NURSES!! They've signed the second nurse (and an additional one) and we now have staff available to cover the 6a-10p shifts.

That means she's one step closer to home. OMG...just the thought of it...home. my daughter at home.

All day long i've been up and down and back and forth. almost as bad as anticipation of labor. when is it going to happen? feels like now... nope, not now. false alarm. ooh...a twinge. now? ooh, another twinge...pace back and forth...fret fret fret... The funny thing...I was almost 30 days overdue with Sara... its taken longer to get her home this time...but not by much.

SO...I have to get a home health inspection by Santa Rosa Kaiser and then they back the ambulance up to the hospital, roll her out and drive her home.

OMG...now i'm having a panic attack. My house isn't clean (hey, we've been working! and the dogs been shedding), i have to get gloves, bed pads, sterile water...ack! I did order the pulse oximeter/heartrate monitor. It will be here Thursday, so that will have to be the soonest she's home.
My head is spinning. I think I need a nap. No time! Got stuff to do.

I'm about to have a baby girl!!

4 comments:

  1. Kristina,

    Deep breaths! At least until time for that "pant-blow" stuff!

    Congrats on being so close to having Sara back home, where she so obviously belongs. We're all excited to see this important step on her/your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they not care about caregiver training anymore? Or did I get signed off and not know about it? Because last i checked, the respiratory supervisor still wanted me to come in a few times. Please let me know if I still need to go in for training or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina,
    Please let me know what I can do in the next few days to help.
    Nanci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniel,
    When I went in for my training I got paperwork signed for you, and gave it to Christina.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete