Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Updated schedule

Well, back and forth continues...

We have nurses so I called Kaiser and they said she can move anytime. Asked me if Kaiser Santa Rosa home health had contacted me yet. Well, no, I replied. They were supposed to have come out already. Apparently they didn't get the word about that. Sara can't come home until they come "inspect" my house. Now that is scheduled for Friday morning.

That means the soonest she can come home is Monday. So we are pushing for Monday.

It happens to work out ok as of today, anyway. Michael kind of had the sniffles on Sunday when he got home. By last night he was really sick. Well, I got the flu from him, so we've both been home achy, coughing, stuffed up, sleepy, and other expressions of yuckiness. What a way to spend the day. I could hear him. He could hear me. Neither of us could muster the strength to go take care of the other. This afternoon we propped each other up and went and got flu meds, juice, soup, crackers. We're going to curl up under a blanket with some soup cups and watch some TV together in a little while.

Don offered to change up his schedule and come take care of me and the boy. I told him no, just come tomorrow like planned and me and the boy would tough it out. We'll both go to school and work tomorrow. Michael can't miss much school, and I can't miss much work. Both get a little sideways.

Sara is in great spirits. I saw her last night. I am really, REALLY hoping that I didn't get her sick. I was very careful with contact, but didn't wear a mask. (big dummy..) I'll know probably tomorrow, as it seemed to take about two days to set in.

In any case, while I feel halfway ok right now i'm going to get a little cleaning done. I put an e-collar on Gracie so she'd stop shredding her fur all over the house and I have to vacuum up the puppy fur balls she's tracked around.

1 comment:

  1. Kristina,
    Good news I have finished all 5 hospital gowns. Should I wash them before giving them to you? If you will be home Saturday, I can bring them by the house. If you need them sooner just let me know.

    Edie

    ReplyDelete