Monday, September 15, 2008

Twenty Questions.

God damnit.

It appears as if those in power are questioning our ability to care for Sara at home and are delaying her discharge. Mom is working feverishly to kick some asses into shape and get Sara home, and I am sitting in the corner of the room typing this blog post and readying myself for action. Mom can be scary when she's mad, but I'm the real heavy artillery. Hopefully I won't need to spring in to action, but I should always be ready.

Mom is really working hard with the discharge planner right now to get all the medications we need for tonight and tomorrow so we can get her out of the hospital. Mom's got her eyes on the prize and I don't think anything will get in her way.

Sara is coming home. Today. Or else. There's no two ways about it.

-Michael

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you and your mother can at least be rational, because honestly, I'd be so pissed at this point that I'd just wheel her out of the hospital without permission.

    In all seriousness, though, I hope they stop giving you guys grief and just let you take Sara home. You all deserve to have her home, and she deserves to go home; it's been a hard almost-year, and while I'm sure they're just doing their jobs, they should at least try to be more understanding.

    Love and luck, Bakers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been checking the blog all day for updates, hoping things get there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tess, it was at the point this morning where mom was getting ready to bring the wheelchair, some oxygen tanks and the suctioning vacuum in the car and if she didn't get discharged we'd spring her out. Don fortunately talked her out of it and all went well. She's home and happy now.


    Sakura, You'll probably be glad to know she's home now. Read the new blog post if you haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete