Thursday, September 18, 2008

Everything's fine...

She's doing ok. We're doing ok. Still waiting for nurses, so handling everything ourselves and with Team SARA.

Sara is just plain happy. She said she has slept so good since coming home. She's stable, no major issues, and settling into a routine for the day. Just like a teenager, she does not like to get up in the morning and gets all grumpy faced when I have to give her meds, treatment and move her and suction. Kind of a lot first thing. But, today she got to go back to sleep... Ah...that would be nice. LOL

Dusty curled up on the end of her bed and used her foot as a pillow. That is, until she got a muscle spasm and kicked him off the bed. Fly kitty! That'll keep him young...

Well, i'm going to go call the nursing service and yell - then go take a nap. Michael stayed home today to help take care of her so I could rest and work. Both of which I needed to do desperately. I need to do a lot more of both.

My babies are together watching movies in her room. So nice.

3 comments:

  1. I feel like its going to be really hard at the start, but hang in there mom, you're doing what's right and what's best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home Sara and hello from a friend of the Onines. Kelly and Edie. I have known them since the 1980s. Edie has been keeping me up on your progress and told me to check out your site. You look absolutely radiant in your picture. I know that you are in good hands with Kelly and her family checking in on you. They all have such wonderful things to say about you and your family. I wish you well and I will check in from time to time if that is all right. Congratulations for making it home and I hope your nurses show up soon! By the way I live in Plattsburgh, NY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara, You look fantastic. I'm so happy to see you home. I've been checking up on you since you've been in the hospital by going on your blog every night. I've seen what progress you're making and know that you'll keep on making progress. You're beautiful...Love, Delores
    (Daniel's grandma)

    ReplyDelete