Sunday, February 24, 2008

Checking out the new Digs.

Man I love mapquest. You put in an address and step by step instructions to your destination. Well I found the place, but boy parking is not a fun situation there. So all of you going to visit Sara, be prepared to drive around a little looking for a good spot to park.

When I walked in the room I found Sara with her face covered in sweat. She was drenched. So I cleaned up her face and brought it to the nurses attention. I was a little worried that her breathing was rough and that she had that much perspiration on her. They took her temperature and found that she was about 100.5. So they gave her some tylonal to bring it down. Then they suctioned her and a lot of junk came up. Not a pretty site. The staff said they would give her more fluids and an X-ray to make sure she didn’t have phenomena. Her temp finally came down after a few hours and she stopped sweating. A relief for me. I called Kristina and let her know what was going on. She had me tell the staff to check her oxygen levels and she was down to 90. Good catch on Kristina’s part. I would never have thought to ask that. So another suction and a treatment at 5 pm and it was back up to normal.

The facility can take the X-ray, but it has to be processed someplace else. So Sara and I talked a lot. Her skin was very itchy and she wanted me to scratch he forehead and face. I told if she is needed anything in the middle of her body scratched, Tough luck. She laughed and we just hung out and watched TV together. She was having a good time, but I could tell the fever had taken some of her energy.

Sara has a roommate. The story behind her being there is very sad and her family is very sweet. The mother came over and asked me if she could talk to Sara once in a while. I told her “You will have to ask her, it’s up to her.” So she did. I showed her the letter board and made sure she understood the blinks. Then she went back to attending to her daughter. I got to meet a good deal of the family. They had 6 people in the room at one point. They were all very nice and we talked for a bit.
Well by 7:30 Sara was starting to get tired. Her eyes drift a little when she is tired. So I turned down the lights so she could get some rest. Of course she did the usual thing and kept looking at me and would not go to sleep. She may be in a new place, but she will not sleep if someone she loves is in the room. So I told her I would head out so she could rest.

I called Kristina and filled her in on everything up to that point. I had been giving her updates all day. I stopped off at my Best Buy store since it was on the way home. I had some equipment to drop off. Turns out I had to do a bunch of paper work that needed to be completed with the equipment so I didn’t get home till after 10. That will teach me to go into work on my day off. When I got home, I got a call from Kristina letting me know that the X-rays had come back and Sara has phenomena after all. She also let me know that they already started treating her for it. At least we caught it very early.

That all I have for now. I am sure Kristina and Daniel will have an update for Sunday.

Mike

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to critique, but does Sara have pneumonia? Mike mentioned phenomena twice and I'm both amused and confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry.. horuble speller :)I depend on spell check to much and at 2 in the morning. I am not very sharp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara does have pneumonia. We don't count off for spelling on the blog. I am just happy that Daniel and Mike B. make entries. Both are horrid spellers....

    ...but we love 'em anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm a bad speller, I only ever did good in english when it was creative writing. And all that was typed up on the computer. Otherwise i had D's in english. This is why I'm learning Japanese. Its much harder to misspell symbols.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind bad spelling, I just wanted to know what's really going on.

    ReplyDelete