Saturday, February 23, 2008

Having some issues...

Sara is having more trouble breathing today. She is working hard and her heartrate is definately up. She is complaining of pain in her lungs and they don't sound very good. She also has a fever.

Mike is there with her today. He called me to tell me what was going on. I told him to make sure she wasn't reclined back too far, to have them get extra fluids into her (as she spikes fevers easily when even slightly dehydrated), be sure and suction her well, and check her oxygen saturation. It took quite a while for them to do any of that (and they still haven't given her any extra fluids). Her pulse-ox was at 90, so they decided to do a chest x-ray. When I talked to mike last they were just getting ready to take her over for that. He will call me with the results of it.

I talked to her on the phone and let her know that I knew what was going on with her. She indicated to Mike for me that she's ok. I told her that if she gives the word I will be there ASAP. So far she's ok with Mike being there and me working with the Mike and the staff to get this figured out.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment