Sunday, February 10, 2008

Saturday and Dad

I got up to see Sara early this Saturday. I wanted to make it up to her for last weekend. I was very sick and could not be near her. With Sara on the ventilator, if she catches a bad cold, it could be really hard on her. Kristina had told her I spent a day in the hospital and Sara had been a little worried about me. But that all changed when I she saw me. I spent the entire day just being with her. We watched a few really bad movies and some cartoons together. Sara didn’t want to interact all that much. She just wanted to be with me. It was nice and I had missed her so much. I had a mask on just in case so I couldn’t give her a kiss or anything, but I made sure I held her hand. I made sure that she knew I loved her and was proud of her as always. 6 pm rolled around and I could tell Sara was starting to get tired. I turned off the TV and we turned off the lights. She wouldn’t go to sleep though. She kept looking over at me to make sure I was still there. I asked her after a while, “Are you going to stay awake unit I leave?” she said yes. I then asked if I should leave so she could get some rest, and she said yes. She loves her family and wont rest if there is someone there. I had to tear myself away. I didn’t want to leave. I knew she needed some rest and the right thing to do was to leave so she could.

No comments:

Post a Comment