Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Cruising right along...

Still trying to find another place for Sara. I am amazed at the shortage of hospital beds in almost every location. No matter...we press on...

Didn't get up to see Sara yesterday. I was running on a deadline on a project and by the time I got out of there it was well past a reasonable time to drive up, visit, and drive back. I did call and asked the nurse to explain and ask Sara if it was ok that I skipped yesterday. She said "Yes". She and I have done this before, and she said "No" - in which case I jammed up to Sacto. But it was nice that she was understanding. That is only the 5th day since this started that she spent without seeing family or friends.

I called and checked on her lastnight. She was sleeping. Nurse said that she had a nice quiet day, nice quiet night. Watched the nurses in the station and some TV. She also got a bit of a treat...they moved her room to one with an outside view. It will be the first time since her accident that she has seen outside. Not much of a view, but there is sunshine and activity other than the hospital. I am sure that is a refreshing change...

So, if you are going up to see her, call me for the new room number.

K

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried any other UC facility? Like UCSF? They have some great researchers and things going on in the neuro area. They do take Kaiser as long as there is an authorization- they also may have some suggestions for you..

    ReplyDelete