Sunday, January 20, 2008

OPEN OPEN

Saturday was so cool with Sara. I called Kristina to find out what her new room number was and made my way there. It’s just a few doors down from where she was. I walked by the windows like I had missed it and then doubled back. She was facing the window and saw this. She had the biggest smile on her face I have seen yet. It was amazing. As some of you may know, I am a big old goof. I then walked up to the windows and did the Mervyn’s OPEN OPEN thing on the glass and you could see her laugh hard.

We talked for a bit and over everything that was happening with me. Told her about my girlfriend and said how she would like to meet her. Sara said yes to that. I then asked if she was ok with me having one and she smiled and said yes. Well as we were talking, I asked her if there was anything new she could do. Well this monster showed me a lot. She opened her moth more than half way. I was surprised at that. Then she started moving her mouth side to side. That one shocked me even more. I asked her what else she could do that she wasn’t showing me. But she held back and just smiled. That kid gets so stubborn. I asked her to show the nurse. She did the side to side for her, but would not open her mouth for her. I think that because she hates it when the nurse brushes her teeth and doesn’t want her to know she can do it that well LOL.

Anyway, she got put in the cardiac chair for a few hours after that and we watched a couple of episodes of ER. Sara started to get really tired from all the events of the day. So the nurse moved her to the Bed and she and I talked a little more. I confirmed for her in her mind that I loved her and was so proud of her. I also reminded her I will always be there every Saturday to keep pushing her to do more. ( except for the time I was sick I added ) She thrives on that.

Well I left the hospital and called Kristina and told her about the day. Even though I document what happened during the day here. I still call her just before and just after visiting Sara. The call before is so I can know if there is anything that I should be aware of or watch for with her, last minute messages from Kristina, or things that she thinks I should know before seeing her. The call afterward is so I can tell her how the day went with Sara and give her anything new that I found out. I can’t wait to see what the Kid can do next week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I know Sara through the Aftervision forums online. I'm glad she's doing alot better! It's kinda funny how she's acting like herself despite everything.

    Keep going, Sara!

    ReplyDelete