Friday, January 11, 2008

Thursday update

Sara is doing fine. When visiting her today she really only wanted me to talk to her and flex her joints. Nothing going on medically. Vent stable, but she is taking larger breaths (always good.)

I told her about the stuff related to the next facility. It is going to be hard to find one for her.

Told her that her cat seemed fine this morning, so I didn't get him to the vet. After getting home and seeing the cat tonight - wish I had - he is really sick. Won't eat, barely drinking water, weak, left eye all swolen and yucky, won't jump up on the chair to even get to his food. That's a sick cat...

Told her about what I'm doing at work these days. What my crazy schedule is like - wake, drive, drop of michael, drive, work, drive, see her, drive home, work, sleep, wake, flop, sleep, repeat. I'm constantly on the phone either working on stuff for her care, working, or talking to my sweet boyfriend. I swear, if I didn't have him, and us doing so well right now, I'd go spinning off into space...

We talked about things her brother is doing, robotics, thoughts about where to live, stuff I've read about stroke rehab. I told her about getting her grandmother off to the airport, then coming home and missing her. (but still glad she flew home. Love Ya Sande! Come back soon...)

Started talking about her weekend. Asking her if she was looking forward to seeing Tracy and Denise, Mike and then Daniel. I know she is missing her friends something fierce. She and I talked about how hard this is for some of them to handle and it may take them a while. Also told her that she wouldn't be seeing her brother very much for the next few weeks - robotics build season...

She loves robotics, so I asked her if she wanted me to go to school with my laptop and webcam and record them working on the build. She answered a long yes. And she'll get to see her brother, happily milling larger metal pieces into smaller metal pieces. I'm sure it will make her feel good to see him happy.

All in all, she's doing pretty good. I crawl up on the end of her bed and put my legs up next to her, and put her legs up on me, and just talk to her. It is very similar to how we'd talk at home, on my bed. It is a lot of work to be the only verbal person in the conversation, but she is no less a part of it. She responds with yes and no, facial expressions and smiles, and her own emphasis on each. But I do miss hearing her sweet voice - and tire sometimes of hearing my own trucker sound... She seems to enjoy it no less.

I have got to go to sleep. I am in a lot of pain right now, but have to get some rest. My back and legs hurt from all the sitting and driving. I'll close this entry and try and go back to bed. My sweetie is being very patient with me tonight - with all my flopping around like a tuna. He is just looking out for me, trying to make me rest whenever I can.

2 comments:

  1. Joe and I were talking about coming up on Thursday. Would that work for everybody?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come up. I am sure Sara would LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete