Sunday, January 13, 2008

More Photos

My inital plan of reading to Sara today was thwarted because I forgot that the book I was going to be reading to her was burried in a box somewhere and I failed to try and retreive it sooner. So instead I spent this afternoon talking to Sara about my week and going over some new pictures I uploaded onto her digital photo frame. It has over 2 hours of pictures now. So I spent a good portion of my day watching all the photos with her and providing comentary. I got plenty of smiles out of it too.

I also brought up 2 CDs by "The Killers" which she had requested earlier. So we had those playing in the background durring the day. Her feet were starting to flake and peel pretty badly again so I scrubbed them a bit and rubed more lotion into them. Other then that no issues.

She had already been in the cardiac chair for a coupple hours by the time I got there. Nurse Deborah said she had tolerated it well. Apparently, instead of leaving her in her room alone while she was in the chair today, Deborah wheeled her out into the nursing station as far as she could so sara could see a bit of what was going on outside her room. I'm sure it was nice to have a change of scenery and get to see more activity. Apparently Sara was very awake and looking all around. She got to see nurses doing nurse things, which I imagine was nice since its similar to what Sara did for work. (She was a pet nurse, and she loved her job) Because her time in the cardiac chair was more stimulating then normal, she was in it for a shorter amount of time, but I have a feeling she got more out of it.

~Daniel H.

No comments:

Post a Comment