Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Movies with Friends

Today Tim (one of Sara's close friends) and I went up to see Sara. I knew that the request to have Sara moved to a different room had been put in, but I didn't know it had happened yet. When I got there I went to her old room and almost walked in on an unsuspecting sleeping old guy. Fortunately the blinds were open and I could see it wasn't her.

After backtracking to talk to a nurse, we went to Sara's new room where she was looking out the window. As soon as we opened the door She had a huge smile on her face. She hadn't seen Tim since before the accident. After a bit of silly stories, Tim broke out his laptop and we put in a DVD of some short animated comedy segments. We ended up skipping most of them to watch the one at the end, which was "Here comes Dr. Tran" Which is something we (Myself, Sara, and our friends) have been watching and quoting since high school. Even though she can't make any sound, you could tell she was laughing with us.

After Dr. Tran, they put Sara in the cardiac chair for a second time today and we put "Snakes on a Plane" into the DVD player. It's not a great movie, but its one we can watch together and laugh at. Towards the end of the movie, the physical therapist came in and was talking to us and Sara about her communication. Sara communicated that she was uncomfortable. when asked what was wrong, Sara used the letter board to spell out "My tail bone". So we shifted her in her seat and went back to finish watching the movie.

Tim and I left shortly after the movie ended. Nothing new medically. Just the usual coughing. As we were leaving Tim said something really cool about how Sara's smile was truly Sara's smile. Unfortunately I don't remember all of it, and I have a feeling that trying to recreate what he said wouldn't do the original words justice.

~Daniel H.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sarah and family,

    I am new to the SRJC this semester and for some of my subjects (Photojournalism & Journalism) reading the Oak Leaf Newspaper is required. I just read Sara's article and thought, as a fellow blogger I would comment some support!

    I can't imagine how your family is coping with this! I cant imagine how I would cope. You are very strong people! I hope things are improving...if not everyday then every week, or every month and not just health but the mentality of the family. Think positive.

    KEEP FIGHTING SARA!

    Congrats on all your progress so far!!

    Even though it might not seem like a lot sometimes, it seems like you have come a very long way since Oct!

    Good Luck!

    “The hardest thing you can do is smile when you are ill, in pain, or depressed. But this no-cost remedy is a necessary first half-step if you are to start on the road to recovery.”
    -Allen Klein

    Cara =)

    ReplyDelete