Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Quiet monday

Sara is stable and doing ok. She continues to work with physical therapy for even the slightest progress. She is currently working on strengthening her eye movements of her left eye.

I went to the hospital yesterday afternoon and her therepist was just getting ready to work with her. She spelled out a note for her grandmother - I Love You. Considering the amount of effort it takes to spell out words, its huge. Grandma Sande has her surgery today (tuesday) and she is very much on our minds and in our hearts. Sara and I are sending her all the strength we can spare and anything that she needs. After working with Therapist-Rachael, all she wanted me to do was crawl in bed with her and talk. So, I contorted my big body around her and put my head on her shoulder. I wrapped my arm around her tummy and rubbed her hip while I told her about this and that. She and I ended up watching part of the state of the union. Well, I watched it...she kept her eyes on me. She looks at me a lot...almost like she can't believe I'm there. haha...probably a lot like the way I look at her. I know she is amazed at how much her mother loves her. Honestly...somedays I am too...

I went home after a few hours and got to spend a little time with Michael before he had to go to bed. That was a treat. He told me about his day, and his new schedule at school. He's not thrilled with having to take an Art class, which I understand. His skills and interest would be better served taking a Shop Art class, but he needs the credit to graduate. Yeah...graduate. That's next year. Jeez i'm old... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment