Sunday, December 2, 2007

Dad time

I meet with Michelle Gachet at my house at 10 this morning. As Daniel and Kristina stated, She is a reporter for the Oak leaf. That is the paper for the Santa Rosa JC. Michelle had gotten the assignment from her teacher originally, but she asked if she could do a follow up on the story. Anyway I drove us up there and we talked about Sara and what she was like growing up. She wanted to know what Sara wanted to be and the usual stuff. I did my best to answer all her questions.

When we got there, The nursing staff was giving Sara a bath and so we waited outside until they were done. The nurse informed me that she had been in the cardiac chair for 3 hours. New record for the kid. It takes a lot out of her and she was so tired by the time I was able to see her. When I held Sara’s Hand. She tried to close her fingers. She couldn’t actually close them, but I could feel the tension in her fingers and a slight tightening as she made the attempt. I just about jumped out of my skin. I asked her to do it again and she did. It was weaker than the first attempt, But she did it. The nurse and I got her settled and I talked with her for a bit. I didn’t introduce Sara to Michelle just yet. I wanted her to get some rest. You can tell when Sara gets real tired, Her eye will start to drift as she focuses on you. So I turned out the lights and let her rest. She was asleep a little over an hour when Daniel and Dave arrived.

I let them know how she was doing and I knew Daniel wanted some time with her, so Michelle and I grabbed some coffee and talked some more. After Daniel left, I Spent a little one on one time with Sara. It was late and the nurse informed me that they would be putting her in her resting position soon. Well, once we had her in comfortable position, I introduced her to Michelle. I think Michelle felt a little awkward, but she talked with Sara for a bit. She was really starting to fade out to sleep at this point. I turned out the lights put on some quite music and got her room as quite as I could get it. Then I held her hand and told her I loved her and watched he drift off to sleep.

All in all it was a great day for her. She closed her hand, (a little, but it’s a start) and did 3 hours in the chair. And the best part was I got to see those Beautiful blue eyes.


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment