Saturday, December 22, 2007

wednesday update,,,,, late

First I would like to appologize for the lateness of my updatel. I have not had access to the internet for several days. Anyway...

When I got to the hospital, Sara had just finished working with the physical therapist . They had been working for half an hour. They were working with the letter board. The Therapist asked Sara several questions to which sara spelled out anwsers. I don't know exactly what the questions were, but I got to see the anwsers. The therapist wrote them down as they were being spelled. The vague frame of questions was what her job was. Any pets. And any siblings.

Pet Nurse
Cat
Dusty
Male
Brother
Michael

Those are the anwsers she spelled.

She was tired from the physical therapy but she didn't want to sleep or watch TV or listen to music or even have me read to her. Instead, she wanted me to talk to her. So I crawled up into her bed and sat at her feet and talked to her about any random thing that poped into my mind. After I ran out of things to talk about, I asked if she wanted me to put on some music or read to her. But no, she wanted me to keep talking. She always did like to sit and talk with me. Unfortunatly, im more of a listener and am not a prominent figure in any conversation. I did my best to keep up intersting stuff, but eventually gave up and switched to reading. I got lots of smiles durring the evening. That made me happy. I love seeing her smile.
~Daniel H.

No comments:

Post a Comment