Sunday, December 30, 2007

Saturday movie and presents

I will leave the medical jargon to Kristina. Hospitals and I don’t like each other. The only way to get me into one is to visit my kid. So Kristina thanks for staying on top of all the medical stuff. When I go there, I tend to concentrate on Sara knowing you know more than I do, and have a better handle on things. Working retail during the holidays is brutal, but knowing you are all over the these issues helps a lot.

Sara had a little bit of a rough day today. There was lots of coughing and suctioning. She gets such a pained look on her face when does. I showed up with a few goodies for her today. I brought a bunch of movies from my place for her to watch. If you have a laptop, you can watch a movie with her. How we worked it today was, I showed her the DVD boxes and she blinked for the one she wanted to see. Today we watched a Series of unfortunate events. I left the rest of the movies in her room. She also got pictures of me and Grandpa Don. Those got hung on the wall with all of the others. Then she got season 6 and 7 of ER (her Christmas presents).

One of the things I noticed today was that Sara really has a good grip in both her hands now. More strength than she has shown in the past. I made sure she knew I was proud of her and gave her lots of encouragement. She spent a lot of time in the Cardiac chair and she tolerated it well. When this evening rolled around, the nurses put her in the chair again. She was sitting pretty up right. I noticed after a while that Sara had a pained look on her face. So we went through the motions of locating the pain. We narrowed it down to her feeding tube. When I had the nurse move her back into a more reclined position, Sara indicated the pain had stopped. It wasn’t long before I was dismissed from the room so that she could get a bath and have her traic cleaned. When I was finally let back in the room it was late. I asked Sara if she would go to sleep and she said yes. But she wouldn’t. LOL when she has company she wants to stay up and interact. So I told her to close her eyes and I was heading out.

She seems to be getting stronger all the time. When she coughs, it is amazing to see all the muscles she puts into play. Her leg will tighten up; she opens her mouth, tightens her abdominal muscles, and tries to sit upright. She just floors me at how far she has already come. And it’s nice when I can see her actually close her fingers around my hand.
Sara will have a Daniel up there tomorrow, and I will see her again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment