Friday, December 14, 2007

Thursday - Sara ok...Mom not...

Sara is doing ok today. Was up in the chair for 5 full hours today and tolerated it very well. Her nurse told me that she was watching TV, watching what was going on in the nurses station, paying attention to anything going on around her. The nurse even opened the blinds to the nursing station and jacked up her chair so she could watch them outside working.

A little scenery change is good for the girl. She's been staring at walls and ceiling for 6 weeks now.

During trying to take some blood from her PICC line (long internal IV that ends above the heart) they found that it had a leak. They called her doctor and the PICC nurse who said to seal it off and they would evaluate it in the morning. I was concerned, because if it has a leak then stuff can get in, as well. So I am going to ask them to culture it.

Then i got her all tucked into bed, scrubbed her face, rubbed lotion into her feet and hands and put her warm hat on her. She was tired from a very long day. I stayed for a while, until she started to fall asleep.

She's looking forward to seeing her friends on Friday.

I left, feeling like she had a good day and was glad to see me.

After the long drive home I got to talk to my son. He stayed up just for me. It was sweet of him. He wanted to make sure I got home ok and got a hug before he went to bed. Even at 16 he can be such a cuddly bear.

Then I saw my boyfriend online. This beautiful man has been my boyfriend for 3 years and the source of a lot of my strength of late. We started chatting, and then working on an issue that has come up. Well, long story short, he broke up with me. I feel like an astronaut on a space walk...and someone has just cut my oxygen line and my tether to the ship...

No comments:

Post a Comment