Thursday, December 27, 2007

What the heck...

Sara is fine. She's had a trying 24 hours and is tired.

Lastnight they decided that she was having too much trouble breathing, so they went ahead and took her off of pressure support and are breathing for her. The ventilator is doing all the work, and they've upped the oxygen level they are giving her.

This morning they took a chest xray and it looked fairly clear. But, for some reason, one of the doctors decided to come in and bronchoscope her to look inside of her lungs. Apparently they were fairly clear, but I will find out why they did the procedure without my consent. It was not an emergency, as communicated to me by the nursing staff. Either way, it scared the hell out of Sara, who also was not talked to about it. If they think I pitched a bitch about letting her sit dirty for an hour and a half...hmm...not even a warm up for this...

She and I had a good evening...nice and quiet. I massaged her legs, worked her joints, and brushed her teeth. Then I crawled up in bed with her and we watched TV together. Makes some of the tougher parts of the last few days kinda melt away...just me and my girl...her safe in my arms...

I think I want to call and check on her again...

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through bookcrossing, and although I don't know any of you, I just wanted to send out hugs.

    My little brother was in a car accident when he was 27, him and his girlfriend didn't make it. I can't imagine what you are going through, but there are a lot of people out here (known and unknown) rooting for all of you and Sara.

    --angela, aka innae

    ReplyDelete