Saturday, November 3, 2007

Did you see that?...

I just got done running around the hospital getting my excited worked out...I know...I'm a big goofy woman...

Sara has been moving her head side to side, shrugging her shoulders, swallowing. And, about an hour ago, she moved her right leg in response to getting suctioned. She didn't extend it (which indicates a purely spinal reaction) , she pulled her leg up. I nearly fell over.

I looked at the respiratory therapist and asked him "did you see that?"

He said "yes, she moved her leg."

Yeah. she moved her leg. but more importantly is HOW she moved her leg. She pulled it up, instead of extending it. They've told us that she wouldn't be able to do that. Or any of the other stuff she has done the last two days.

It is still VERY early after her stroke, but you almost have to peel me off the roof. It could still be another couple of weeks before she's all done with the swelling and fluid in her head affecting her. Then we'll know her recovery starting point.

But right here, this moment, I feel like I just watched her jump out of the starting blocks for an olympic race. Go SARA!!

5 comments:

  1. Kristina that is wonderful news! I check the blog several times a day and what an exciting entry to see!

    Please pass along to Sara that I think about her everyday and love her very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Sara and all who love her,
    Know that you are being held closely in the hearts of people who know you and your tenacious spirit and people whom you've never met. Whether it be prayers or meditations or healing thoughts -- whatever the form -- we are routing for you all. We celebrate your progress! Sara, you have what it takes to stay the course, move through the challenges, and come out whole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina I am so happy to hear this update. I am teary eyed while I am reading your news. I have been following Sara and you , kristina. I'm with you. Sarah and you are all in my prayers. Go Sarah! just walk through it. Love and Prayers for both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My chiildren pray for her, and I'm sure God pays particular attention to the prayers of wee little children. Godspeed to you all.

    The Heyers in Greenville, WI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I am Sandi, Daniel's aunt. Please know that ever since I found out about this accident, so much prayer has been going out, both from northern and southern california, where my other sister Debbie lives. We are all praising God for the great progress that Sara is making and Kristina so much prayer is going out for you and your family. Know that the Lord is definitely working!

    ReplyDelete