Saturday, November 10, 2007

Out of Surgery...

She's out of surgery. They sent her to CT afterwards to check and everything looks ok so far.

She's back in her room and now has a few extra machines, bags, sensors...They put the cranial shunt back in and i was glad to see that the fluid coming from the shunt was just as it should be, yellowish clear - not blood tinged. That means that she's likely not bleeding in her brain. they also put in another arterial line so that they can watch her bloodpressure and perfusion pressures very closely.

She appears to still be under the fringe edge of anesthesia, as her pupils are not reacting. Her Grandmother and I will be waiting here until we see her pupils reacting and, hopefully, her waking up wondering what happened...

Sandy and I both nearly passed out from relief when we came into her room to find her pink and warm and still here. It is days like these that age me at an alarming rate.

It is just so very good that the fluid buildup was caught before she coded or slipped into a coma, as happened last time. Her father Tracy noticed her not reacting as I've been blogging - and told me so. I checked and sure enough she wasn't.

Before surgery the Neurosurgeon said that it is so important to watch for these little changes in her neuro status and it was good to catch. I'm resisting the temptation to perch myself on her headboard like an screech owl. I'd probably scare the bejesus out of the girl...kind of like she did to me today...

No comments:

Post a Comment