Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Went to the hospital today.

As some of you may know, I've not been at the hospital to see Sara in a while. Well, I decided not to go to school today so I could go visit her with mom. I've not really been talking a whole lot but it has been nice to just be near her. Mom went to go to a meeting with a few people to discuss the plan of action and I fell asleep in her bed next to her. The nap was nice and despite the fact that the fan kept blowing cold air on my back I slept pretty well (for about an hour). Mom came back right after my nap and we're talking about possibly moving her to Headsburg (Back to Sonoma County, which is a lot easier to get to than the two hour drive to Sacramento), which would be nice. We're also still trying to figure out our living situation. I don't mind moving to a new house too much, however I'd only really like to move once and I've told Mom this. Hopefully she'll take this into account, but she doesn't have to. I just hope that whatever we do is the right decision for Sara, and for us as a family.

Well, we just (and I mean before I finished writing this post even) decided that blinking is easier for Sara, so instead of moving her eyes, she'll blink once for yes and do nothing for no. This is easier for her because blinking is easier in general (this I'm not sure why it is, but it is). This is good, so with any luck she'll be able to communicate more.

I just loooked up Healdsburg on Google Maps -- It's about 20mi from our house. If she does get to go to the subacute care center there, it'll be much, much better for all of us, so we can visit her, and she'll be home in sonoma county.

I really hope, for everybody's sake, that she can make a full recovery and get back to living her life. She's an amazing person, and I really hope that the world can get to know her as the person she once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment