Thursday, November 29, 2007

Wednesday Update

Sara had friends go up to the hospital yesterday. Victoria, Dave and Mike Jeffries went up and spent a little time with her.

Yesterday she was a bit tired. Didn't want to deal with nurses/therapists/etc. Her nurse did tell me that she stretched in the morning when she woke up and moved both legs and her left arm, however slightly.

She basically refused to work with the speech therapists yesterday. I asked the nurse if anybody told her what was going on (as in, Hey Sara, you get to start some therapy to help you recover from this)...she didn't know. Hmm...telling Sara what is going on might be a good way to get all this started...

I ran errands yesterday afternoon regarding her accident. Picked up the accident report, some records, went to go photograph the car (but they had already sold and crushed it for scrap metal - good old solid metal american car...). I went to the accident site and took some pictures. I spent a lot of time there, actually. I found myself sitting in the spot I figured she'd been trapped at...for a long time...then for no reason I started picking up the glass from her windows. I think i'll make something from it. it seems a shame to have the grass take over and heal the spot she was at while she is still in the hospital... I guess life, and weeds, really do go on...

Other than that...not much on the hospital front. She rested well last night. I checked in this morning and she is communicating and very engaged.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristina,

    I work as a claim adjuster. If you are looking for photos of the car, check with your insurance company, if there was a collision claim made, it is possible that they did an estimate and obtained photographs and you can get from them. Also, check the police report to see if photos were taken, if so you are entitled to get copies of those. If I can help with any practical matters or anything at all just let my sister Nanci know, if I can do I will do. Please know, as time goes on, you and Sara are loved and prayed for and are not forgotten.

    Sandi B.

    ReplyDelete