Wednesday, November 14, 2007

More pictures of the girl...


Sara - after the feeding tube being placed in her abdominal wall.

She will be more comfortable without tubes in her mouth and tape on her face.

She breathes through the tube in her neck - but triggers the respirator herself. The respirator only gives a little pressure support and slightly higher oxygen than room air.

Sara and Mom


She still had the oral feeding tube.
Rubbing her tummy because she was uncomfortable. She's been getting tube fed off an on since accident, but not digesting well. They gave her some stuff to help her, but it caused her insides to cramp up a bit.
She's much better after a couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. Sara, you're beautiful. Keep kicking. Literally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. My name is Ana. I don't really know Sara, but I know who she is and I know who her brother is. I'm really sorry about all of this. I've been reading all the blogs that you've posted to keep updated on her status. She seems to a very strong girl, which is great. I wanted to congratulate you (sara's mother) on being so strong and for the way that you fought back when the doctor's wouldn't stop with all that crap. Keep it that way and stay positive about all this. At least try.

    ReplyDelete