Friday, November 2, 2007

Tracheostomy scheduled

Sara is scheduled to have a Tracheostomy inserted into her neck tomorrow. This will take the place of the mouth tubes currently in place. This will make her a lot more comfortable and get tape off her face.

The surgery will be done in her room, and she will not be under general anesthesia. They will kind of knock her out from the IV and go from there.

Since she is scheduled for a surgical procedure tomorrow, I'm going to ask that we have no visitors. In the morning she will be resting and in the afternoon recovering. We'll see if she can have visitors on Sunday - limited to 2 or 3 people having short visits. She gets tired so easy.

She does, however, love to have music. I have been recharging my ipod every day for her. I played one of my lists from itunes off my laptop. She has a CD player in her room, so make her some CDs. Be sure and record some voice messages and notes for her, too. I'm sure she misses all her friends terribly. You can drop them by our house, or give them to Michael.

She's a little sad today. We cried a lot. She's starting to realize just how hurt she is and is tired of being in the hospital. I talked to her about her accident and injuries...she remembered them.
I've told her that we've got a hard road ahead of us, and not sure how far it goes. I think she's wanting to start thinking about the next steps... So, Mom gets to start figuring out her roadmap.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to see her sunday if possible. I'm hoping seeing her will help me sleep better.... or at all.

    ReplyDelete