Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday status...

I was indeed exhausted after that yesterday. By the time we got home I just called Daniel and dove into bed.

Daniel went up to the hospital today. He reported to me this morning that she seemed to be doing ok, responding and tracking as she had been.

Later in the day he noticed that one of her eyes was twitching/oscillating and he noted it to her nurse. The nurse called the doctor and they suspect she was having a slight seizure. They have given her antiseizure medication and the movements have stopped. They are not entirely sure they were seizures, but decided to err on the side of caution given her previous 24 hours.

Her brain shunt is putting out steady amounts of cerebral spinal fluid, and it is perfectly clear/yellow as it should be. All of her vital signs are stable and within nice limits.

Daniel and Sara napped together a few times today - him in a chair and her on the bed - I am sure touching somehow. I look forward to him being able to crawl up and spoon her (so cute). I know it is her favorite way to sleep.

I am glad she had a relatively quiet day. I think we all need it, too.

1 comment:

  1. It is Monday night, and I am worried because you have not posted anything in your blog. I check several times a day, and would love to know how you and Sara and your family are doing today. Please let us all know, I am sure I am not alone. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete