Monday, November 19, 2007

Like a couple of bald eagles...



Sara is getting her permanent shunt surgery today. The had an opening in the schedule so Dr. Neurosurgeon put her on the schedule.


Well...she has not liked that they cut her hair for the original shunt...and didn't want her hair cut for this one...but they have to shave her head for this operation. So, I asked her if I could cut her hair first, and save it in locks. She said yes. But was still hesitant.


So...I told her I know she didn't want to do this. I wouldn't want to lose my hair either...


Then...I don't know exactly what i was thinking...I asked her if she wanted me to shave my head, too. Since she had to lose her hair and didn't want to...i'd lose my hair, too. Her eyes flew down so fast i thought she had a seizure! That is so Sara. That was an emphatic YES if I've seen any answer so far...


So...after i clipped her hair off so we could save it, I asked a nurse to shave my head. We made a ponytail and clipped it off and have saved it to donate to Locks of Love (for kids that need wigs).


I asked her after it was done if she thought it was funny, which she answered Yes, A Lot. I asked her if she had the silliest mom ever, which she also answered Yes to. I love that girl so much. I'd shave my dog for her... :) Heck...I'd shave her cat!


Have a good laugh...warning: It's not a pretty sight...





6 comments:

  1. Kristina,
    When I started chemotherapy, my dad told me that if I lost my hair, he would shave his head. I was so deeply touched by that gesture and I'm sure that Sara is equally touched by yours. You're a great Mom!
    Love,
    Carol McCabe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful bald women, if I ever saw it! You may just start a trend! God is listening to the prayers of His people, may He richly bless you and Sara and keep you both strong!

    Love & Blessings
    Sandi (Daniel H.'s aunt)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina,

    You both never cease to amaze me!

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with Sandi, beautiful bald women :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is absolutely nothing ugly about a mother willing to shave her head for her child. It's a wonderful gesture.

    All I see are two beautiful, strong women.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny, glad you two are still fighting hard. Keep it up. (I told you I would post something on the blog, sorry it took me a while). I see a lot has changed since UCDMC but not your humor :) which is great. Take care!

    ReplyDelete