Sunday, November 25, 2007

A visit with friends

Today was an eventful day. But in a good way. Mike, Sara's dad was at the hospital in the morning, and I arrived in early afternoon with a handful of Sara's friends in tow(Andy, Andrew, Kim, and Sylvie). Today, Sara's room was filled with laughter and sillyness. More decorations were put up in the form of a wonderful painting that Sylvie (sorry if i spelled that wrong) made, and Halloween themed rubber ducks from kim. Because Andy was there, The Game was lost many times. Sara actually laughed (or seemed to, as close as we could figure) at the notion of it. (for those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry about it.) We took turns visiting Sara in small groups. Mostly 2 or 3 at a time. Before we left, we all went in to her room at once to say good bye. We could tell that she was tired, but she didn't want us to leave. We stayed for a few minutes before we finally left. Mike stayed behind to make sure that she calmed down and got to sleep ok. By the looks of it, She enjoyed today's visit quite a bit.

~Daniel H.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry Dan, you spelled my name correctly! And thank you for having us come down and visit Sara. Actually seeing her helped me feel a little less disconnected from everything that's happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to thank all of you who came up to see Sara on Sunday. I was truly impressed with all of you. Sara has made some execptional friends and you all demonstrated it wonderfully. I know she was thrilled to see all of you. Took an hour to get her settled down and sleeping. She was so amped that she didn’t want to settle down at all. Sara and I are not as good at communicating as Kristina is, but I try to understand what she wants. Lastnight, she wanted to stay up with all her friends. After everyone left and the nursing staff helped get her into a resting position, I turned out the lights, put on some quite music and closed the door a little so she could rest. I held her hand, told I loved her and that I would be that lastghing she saw before she went to sleep. Little did I know it would take her an hour to get even close to sleeping. Anyway, she finaly driffted off and I aske the nurses if they could leave the lights off and the door just cracked so she get a deep sleep with as little noise as possible. They said that would be fine and I left my little girl sleeping.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete