Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tuesday update...

Sara had a real good night and is up in a cardiac chair today. Her nurse said she's back to being able to indicate No (eyes up) as well as Yes (eyes down). When the pressure builds up in her head she loses the ability to move her eyes up, so this is a real good thing.

Her nurse said she's been awake and alert most of the day and will be moving back to the bed shortly. I am working today, so I asked the nurse to put the phone to her so she could hear me. I asked her to rest, take a nap, and heal. Her operation went very well, she is doing good, and she needs to rest up for the next phase.

I told her that her boyfriend Daniel would be at the hospital later this afternoon to see her. She needs to rest before then, so that she can interact with him while he is there. I'm sure that will do the trick and get her to rest. I know how much she looks forward to his visits...and how much they both get out of them.

I slept so well last night. I think knowing that surgery should be her last really put me at ease. I was very worried about her under general anesthesia, but she seems to have faired well. Now its time for all of us to rest up for the next phase - helping her find her way out of Locked-In Syndrome...

No comments:

Post a Comment